Had a great time discussing Whitehead’s cosmology with Tripp. Check it out here: https://trippfuller.com/2021/09/13/matthew-segall-cosmology-consciousness-and-whiteheads-god/
We discussed topics including:
- the allure of Whitehead’s vision of mind in nature (knowledge as ‘an adjunct within things known’)
- the potential of a process engagement with different natural scientific problems, including the origins of life
- the problems with reductionism
- what is in the concept of a ‘world-soul’?
- how does Whitehead help one think of life after physical death?
- how Whitehead came to affirm God…
- My own wrestling with Christianity and reflections on the future of the faith (‘a non-denominational non-institutionalized Christian’)
- what to make of the power and problems that come with a religious tradition?
What do you think?